May 23, 2008

Hillary

On my way home from work tonight I passed Hillary's motorcade. In a rash of impulsiveness, I gave them "the bird", the whole time I could see them. At first I hoped she had seen me. Then it occurred to me that with her four troopers, many Secret Service agents, and over-head F-16's, that that probably wasn't the best move.

After my initial freak-out, I decided I'd do it again if I had the opportunity. Besides, how many people can say -- honestly -- that they've flipped off a presidential candidate and/or former first-lady of the United States? Probably more than you'd think (given its Hillary), but I take some small satisfaction in being one of the very small percentage of humanity that Did The Right Thing.

Hillary == The Whore of Babylon (Revelation 17:4-18) And if you're not into eschatology, I think that label still applies. I know a lot of people -- in all seriousness -- that would build a bunker and prepare for The End if ever she were elected.

No comments: