June 04, 2008

Minnesota Catholic Home Education Conference

Last weekend, Amanda and I attended the Minnesota Catholic Home Education Conference. Amanda had attended last year, but this was my first year. Generally, I found the conference useful. One thing, in particular, that struck me was the absolutely overwhelming volume of curriculum available! Its truly staggering. We'll be homeschooling our kids for the third year starting this Fall; our oldest will be in second grade, with our only other "school-age" child being in first grade.

Homeschooling has been an interesting experience for "us". Certainly by "us" I mean mostly my wife, who is primary care-giver, educator, nurse, and friend to all of our children, however as the kids get older I am trying to get somewhat involved. Its not easy, especially since I have no patience on a good day. :-\

If you're thinking about homeschooling, and live in the upper-plains, consider attending the conference next year.

No comments: