May 21, 2008

Return of an old domain

A long time ago (like the late 1990's) I had registered the domain, "sodaphish.com". This was a vanity domain I had registered to host my computer security-related site back in the day... when I gave up the Black Arts, I abandoned the SodaPhish moniker and with it the domain. A couple of years later, I re-registered the domain, for nostalgic purposes, and had been running a site there for several years until 2007. In 2007, I forgot to renew the domain and someone registered it out from under me. I was pretty livid at first, but had since gotten over it. Really.

Back in February, the domain was up for renewal. I contacted the registered owner and offered them $150USD -- a very generous offer, in my mind. They declined. I explained to them, in simple, clear terms, that the audience for people looking to buy this domain was VERY small -- me. They never replied. Yesterday, the domain was released by the Registrar of the pirate that pilferred it from me, and I snatched it up via GoDaddy's Backorder process. Hooray!!!

And thus, an old domain returns... SodaPhish.COM

1 comment:

Fr. Andrew said...

I go through the effort of typing in sodaphish and all I get is this lousy blogspot? Jeesh!

Sodaphish, is that some odd S.E. Hinton Outsiders reference? Great day!