March 31, 2009

Strawberries, shrimp and beans, these are just a few of my favorite things...

Strawberries. I like strawberries. I also like shrimp. Beans are most tastey, even the frozen variety. In addition to being things that I like, these disparate foods have something else in common... they found themselves floating in my toilet tonight. How? Let me tell you.

This strange stew of frozen goods, along with pop cicles, bratwurst, porkchops, bread, frozen peas, and a variety of other things was discovered, by me, while making dinner. The Queen had asked for frozen corn to be the vegetable for dinner tonight, and my search for said corn lead me to the chest freezer on our landing, which in turn lead to the discovery that our freezer had been off for several day.

There is nothing in life -- not even children -- that can prepare you to handle a discovery such as this. The combination of smells, sights, and sounds is enough to make even Chuck Norris sick to his stomach. Suffice to say, I did not relish the job of removing the contents, but I knew my wife wouldn't/couldn't, so I did the right thing and cleaned it out.

I pray that none of you ever experience such a thing as this.

1 comment:

Fr. Andrew said...

You have always been better than Chuck Norris in my mind!