August 21, 2009

...and this is why I'm Catholic

When I was looking for answers from the Methodist church about all the things I was wondering about as a teenager, I was dismayed to find that their official church doctrine (if you can call it that) would on one hand condemn a thing and on the other bless it. This was true of homosexuality, divorce, abortion, and more. That is what lead me to look elsewhere for spiritual direction... I sought something that was congruent, something consistent both with itself and nature.

When I looked at the Lutheran church and found it to be lacking in congruity, in very much the same way the Methodist church was. Now, the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) has formally acknowledged that homosexuality is not only fine, but its fine to have practicing homosexuals as clergy. This view is inconsistent with Scriputre, Tradition and Nature.

And this is why I'm Catholic -- because there is nothing in the Catholic Church that is in conflict with Scripture, Tradition or Nature.

No comments: