February 07, 2008

"New" PIX506

I was at a client's site today, helping them implement their shiny new ASA 5510 when the topic of their "old" remote office firewalls came up. Tim, the client, mentioned they had a half-dozen, or so, PIX506 firewalls that they had no use for. I asked if I could buy one, and he made it happen.

I got home, got the password recovered, wiped the config, and put it up on-line. In an odd twist of fate, I discovered I have only ONE ethernet cable in my entire house. W-T-F? That was the low point of my geekdom... how could I only have ONE Ethernet cable and call myself a geek? Pfft.

Next up: get the VPN setup so I can hit my LAN from the road! woot!

1 comment:

Fr. Andrew said...

Geekdom/revoked.

I'm never emailing/texting/calling you for free geek advice- ever!!!




...so, um, really though, which smartphone works best with mac?...